Publication 10, Issue 6
As the person in charge, it’s important to continue to develop yourself. But it’s summertime and time to recharge your personal batteries. And, if you are like me, my brain never really shuts down, so it’s hard to unwind and enjoy the “lazy days of summer.” Rather than getting yourself upset by all of the things you didn’t do the first half of the year, focus on the second half and set some “mini-milestones” for yourself personally, which will help you professionally!
Here are some ideas:
- Give a speech at a national or local conference.
- Participate in an industry council breakfast or lunch.
- Get involved in local efforts to link industry to education, such as giving a talk to high school seniors at a Career Day.
- Write a short article and submit it to a trade publication.
- Start that blog your communications professionals have been bugging you about.
Give yourself a little time to do the things that you want to do. These will give you a chance to take some time for yourself and clear your head. They will rejuvenate your thinking and reenergize you to be able to continue your hard work.
PS – check out my recent article for KNOW, The Magazine for Paralegals – www.thecorporatenanny.net under Nanny in the News!